January 2021 News
January 19, 2021
“You have been assigned this mountain so you can show others it can be moved” ~ Unknown
I heard this quote the other day and immediately thought of our team, our board members, our partners, and most of all, our residents. Our NCCH Family! Throughout a year that could have easily been used as an excuse to stay status quo, we have begun to move the mountain.
Just a few highlights for the year:
- We purchased a home in early March that without NCCH stepping up, four related gentlemen would have had to move and been separated after living together for over 10 years. This was a great partnership with Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (CCBDD), Ohio DODD and NCCH.
- The NCCH Board of Trustees stepped up during the beginning of COVID with a board matching campaign that raised over $35,000 in April.
- We completed a rebuild of our Heisley Road home and hosted a housewarming event in September partnering with Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities (LCBDD) and New Avenues to Independence.
- We completed an internal 21-day Racial Equity Habit-Building Challenge after the violence across the nation.
- We received a grant from the Greater Cleveland COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund that allowed us to deliver a safe at home kit to all of our residents.
- We purchased a 4-unit apartment building on the near West Side of Cleveland. We expect to complete the rehab by mid-2021 and welcome our new residents. Another great partnership with CCBDD and DODD.
- We have built a new resource development and marketing team. We will be sharing our new website very soon.
- We are working on alternative type housing for our I/DD community. Although this will be ongoing for years to come, we expect to begin our first project in 2021.
I know that all of these accomplishments, and so much more, couldn’t have happened without all of you, The NCCH Family. As I look to 2021, we will continue to be the organization that works well with all of our partners. But most of all, we will continue to be the organization that has one overarching goal, “To focus on making the lives of our residents better every day”.
Happy New Year and Best Wishes in 2021,
Chris West, CEO
Back to News
North Coast Community Homes